Component 6 - Social, Information and Health

Direct government employees in Component 6 work in a great variety of social, cultural, educational, information technology, research, health care delivery and associated direct technical support functions.

Specific classifications include: archivist, case aide, child care counsellor, clinician, coordinator vocational services, dental assistant, sheriff, dietician, economist, education officer, epidemiology worker, financial assistance worker, hospital consultant, interviewer, librarian, nutritionist, occupational therapist, psychologist, public information officer, rehabilitation consultant and officer, research officer, computer programmers and systems analysts, social program officer, probation officer and social worker.

Bargaining Updates

Feb 20, 2015

Your bargaining committee is pleased to announce that a tentative agreement was reached at Information Systems Management (ISM) Canada on February 13, 2015.  

Feb 3, 2015

BCGEU members have ratified the 2014-2019 Community Living BC Collective Agreement.

Ninety three percent of the bargaining unit voted in favour of accepting the agreement.

Dec 16, 2014

There will be a telephone town hall meeting on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 7pm PST (8pm MST) to review and discuss the terms of the tentative settlement.


Component News

Mar 2, 2015

Applications open today for a $100,000 scholarship fund that assists adults with developmental disabilities with personal or professional development. 

Mar 1, 2015

Applications are now open for the $100,000 B.C.

Feb 27, 2015

Thursday, March 26, 2015
5:00 p.m.
Diane L Wood Union Centre – Boardroom, Prince George Area Office of the BCGEU, 1070 4th Ave., Prince George BC


Media Coverage

Feb 19, 2015

More than 50 provincial government employees were told Wednesday their jobs were being eliminated, one day after an oft-criticized child support clawback program they administered was axed in this

Jan 30, 2015

Vulnerable children and families are falling through the cracks of an under-resourced child welfare system “with desperately tragic consequences,” according to the union representing B.C.’s social

Jan 28, 2015

In the video you see children with yellow tags across their foreheads with social service file numbers written on them. Halfway through the video the kids rip them off.


Still need help finding your Component, Collective Agreement or Pension? Click here to Contact Us.