The BCGEU has the following employment opportunities available at the moment.
- Secretary (Temporary) - Kamloops Area Office
- Staff Representative (Temporary) -Cariboo Area Office
- Staff Representative (Temporary) -Northwest Area Office
- Staff Representative - Prince George Area Office
- Support Staff - Advocacy Department
- Support Staff (Temporary) - Advocacy Department
Did you know, on occasion, based on operational needs, the Human Resources Department of the BCGEU externally recruits qualified applicants to work as temporary support staff in our offices.
If you are interested in being a part of the union in a temporary support staff role, please forward your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department via email to:
The BCGEU will keep applications on file for 6 months, and when we need to add to our compliment of temporary staff, we will test and interview, those applicants with the required qualifications.
Qualifications: 2-4 years secretarial/reception experience, high school graduation supplemented with secretarial training, excellent Microsoft Office skills combined with a 60-70 wpm typing speed. Solid interpersonal skills, proficient command of English grammar, good telephone manner and the ability to set priorities and work within time limits.
An aptitude for organization, detail, and the ability to set priorities and work within time limits. Knowledge of the trade union movement.