BC Place picket line photo gallery
29 Jan '13
BCGEU members at BC Place remain on the picket line for a second day in support of a fair collective agreement from PAVCO. The line will stay up until further notice.
- Last contract expired end of May 2012.
- Bargaining on new contract began in mid-August 2012.
- In early January 2013, our members at BC Place voted 96 per cent in favour of job action.
- We returned to the bargaining table on Tuesday, January 22, 2013. The parties met for three days. Good discussions occurred, however the ability to reach a deal wasn't possible.
- The main issues are job security and contracting out of bargaining unit work. Monetary issues remain on the table. Under the Net Zero mandate, our members at BCP are not entitled to a raise before May 31, 2013.
- BCGEU workers consist of full time (38), part time and event employees (460). They include skilled tradespersons, control room/building security, first aid, technicians (employees associated with the set up and removal of equipment and materials for set up of staging of an event), event security, event housekeeping and event hosting.
- Job action will NOT involve food service workers, who are under the Servomation (Centerplate) collective agreement.