THE STEWARD NEWSLETTER
Current Issue: Fall 2015
- Letter from the President
- What should I do when an investigation meeting goes sideways?
- Off duty conduct can lead to termination
- The mental disorder WCB benefit system
- Stolen trust
- A daughter’s Facebook post about her father’s settlement agreement cost him $80,000. Could it happen in Canada?
- Equality in the workplace: inclusion of transgendered (trans*) workers
- Jeans and short pants: threat to the business image?
- Child care responsibilities and family status discrimination
- The Rand formula: the history behind your union dues
- What happened in the IKEA labour dispute?
Click here for back issues of The Steward.
Other Steward resources
- Arbitrations Awards of interest to Stewards (last updated: October 2014)
- "Employment Insurance Appeal Decisions Favourable to Workers."
Grievances - Frequently Asked Questions
BCGEU stewards should bookmark this page and check regularly for news and information.
Our aim is to make you the most effective representative for your members possible.