THE STEWARD NEWSLETTER
Current Issue: Spring 2016
- Letter from the president
- How much medical information do I need to give my employer?
- Does the duty of loyalty restrict a government worker’s right to participate in political activities?
- The classic William Scott case: what is “just cause”?
- Can you be disciplined for swearing in the workplace?
- What are exclusions and why do they matter?
- Candid camera: can the employer have a camera watching me at work?
- A tribute to a BCGEU organizing hero: Muriel Labine
- Federal court issues important ruling on breastfeeding during work hours
- Can workers be forced to wear name tags displaying their first and last names?
- Can a school pay higher salaries to teachers who are parents?
Click here for back issues of The Steward.
Other Steward resources
- Arbitrations Awards of interest to Stewards (last updated: October 2014)
- "Employment Insurance Appeal Decisions Favourable to Workers."
Grievances - Frequently Asked Questions
BCGEU stewards should bookmark this page and check regularly for news and information.
Our aim is to make you the most effective representative for your members possible.