The 2019 Scholarship Programs has now closed and winners will be posted to the website in mid-June.
Applications for the 2019 BCGEU Scholarship program are now being accepted. The union will award $60,000 in scholarships to students in post-secondary education. Full-time scholarships are worth $2,000 and part-time scholarships are worth $1,000.
Apply online here.
Applicants must be:
- A BCGEU member; or related to a current, retired or deceased BCGEU member or staff, and
- A current or prospective post-secondary or higher learning student enrolled, registered or planning to attend an eligible educational institution in 2019.
In addition to personal information and details of your education plan, applicants will be asked to submit a 450 to 500-word essay on one of the following topics:
- How can unions lead the way on climate change?
- How can unions lead the way on reconciliation with Indigenous people and communities?
- How can unions lead the way on affordable housing?
We encourage applicants to base their essays on an interview with a BCGEU member, personal experience or original research. Applicants with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) may submit their essay as an audio or video file to [email protected].
The deadline for submitting your application is at midnight on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Please note: We are unable to respond to individual inquiries about scholarships.
 Eligible relatives include spouses, (same or opposite and common law spouses); parents; and children and grandchildren (including foster, adopted and stepchildren and grandchildren).
 Eligible educational institutions must be recognized by Employment and Social Development Canada. A list can be found here.)
You may also be eligible for one of the scholarships offered by NUPGE, our National Union of Public and General Employees. Find details and apply directly here.
Do you like this post?