2% General Wage Increase, Improvement in Mileage Allowance and $20 Million Low Wage Redress effective April 1, 2019
General Wage Increase
On April 1, 2019, bargaining unit employees are to receive a 2% general wage increase.
Mileage reimbursement rate will increase by one (1) cent per kilometer, effective April 1, 2019, for Community Living Services, General Services and Indigenous Services Collective Agreements.
Community Living Services /
|Effective April 1, 2019||$0.49||$0.53|
$20 Million Low Wage Redress
CSSEA and CSSBA have agreed on the distribution of the first of three annual $20 million Low Wage Redress fund (wage schedules outlining the hourly wages are attached) effective April 1, 2019. This will also cover the adjustment in pay in lieu of benefits for part-time and casual employees to account for the addition of Family Day. The agreement provides for the following distribution:
- Pay in lieu of paid holidays for part-time employees will increase from 4.2% to 4.6% of straight-time wages.
- Pay in lieu of benefits for casual employees will increase from 9.8% to 10.2% of straight time wages.
- All FTEs would be eligible for a 3.3% increase in wages effective April 1, 2019.
- Eliminate Grid 12A and 13A. Return Program Coordinator 1 and Volunteer Coordinator to Grid 12 and Crisis Line Coordinator to Grid 13.
- Paraprofessional Grid Level 14P, 15P and 16P will receive an additional 7.4% on top of the 3.3% wage increase.
- Paraprofessional Grid Level 17P, 18P, 19P and 20P will receive an additional 4.7% on top of the 3.3% wage increase.
The purpose of the Wage Rate Review and Low Wage Redress Wage Adjustments is to improve the comparability with the Health Sector, update the Joint Job Evaluation Plan (JJEP), while maintaining the integrity of the JJEP classification system.
Download PDF of notice here with wage grid
Do you like this post?