Local 710, Northern Lights College Support Bargaining Committee Nominations are now open for the vacant position of alternate Bargaining Committee member.
The primary goal of the Bargaining Committee is to prepare for and conduct negotiations, with the employer, to renew the Collective Agreement. To achieve that goal, the Bargaining Committee members will be expected to:
- Attend all meetings of the bargaining committee, membership and other meetings related to bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the Union
- Assist the Staff Representative in the development of proposals
- Attend bargaining sessions
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing responses
- Assist with member votes or meetings related to bargaining including ratification of the renewal collective agreement
Previous experience is not required.
Leave of absence will be provided to allow you to fulfill your responsibilities without loss of pay or benefits.
If you are interested, please submit your nomination by fax to (604) 294-5092 or by scanning/sending the pic to [email protected] by 1700 hours, Thursday, July 7, 2022. Late nominations will not be accepted. An online vote will be held if multiple nominations are received.
The nomination material can be found here.
You may also submit biographical information, endorsements, or other campaign information with your nomination. If a vote is required, your material will be distributed, as submitted, with the ballots. Your material cannot exceed one page in length (8.5" X 11") and must be in black and white.
Make sure your Union has your current email address by logging into your Member Portal at https://www.bcgeu.ca
Feel free to forward this notice to other BCGEU members at Northern Lights and/or, post on the Union's bulletin board(s).
Zoe Towle, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?