Nominations are now open for one position for a steward at your worksite.
The steward is the face of the union at your worksite. Some of the roles of the steward are:
- To enforce the collective agreement and protect your rights;
- Act as liaison between the worksite, the local and the area offices;
- Sign up new members to the union at the worksite;
- Help you interpret and understand their collective agreement rights;
- Communicate about local and union issues and educational opportunities;
- Ensures the union bulletin board is current;
- Refers members to committees on specific issues, such as the Article 29 Committee and Occupational Health and Safety;
- Advises or refers you to the appropriate people who can deal with WCB appeals, STIIP/LTD issues, unemployment insurance issues and classification appeals.
Training courses are provided by the union.
A nomination form is attached. Once completed, please return to the Fraser Valley Area Office no later than 5:00 pm, June 25, 2018to the attention of Brittney Buss, Staff Representative, by fax to 604‑882-5032. Alternatively, the nomination form can also be returned by email to: email@example.com.
There is one steward position available and if there are more than one nomination an election will occur and will be carried out at the worksite.
Local 104 Chair
Download PDF of this notice here
Download nomination form here
Do you like this post?