NOTICE of ELECTION
BARGAINING COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON
With your collective agreement soon to expire, nominations are now open for the position of bargaining committee chairperson. No previous experience in negotiations is required to be the Chairperson of the Bargaining Committee, but you must have a signed membership application card on file with the Union in order to run or vote in an election. As the Bargaining Committee Chairperson you will be expected to:
- liaise between the bargaining committee and the staff representative on issues leading up to bargaining;
- attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining;
- assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite;
- attend collective bargaining sessions with the employer;
- take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the staff representative at the conclusion of bargaining;
- provide feedback and information to the staff representative during the bargaining process;
- participate in discussions related to the employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals;
- assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining.
Leave of absence is provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Please complete the attached nomination form and return it by email to email@example.com, or by fax attn. : Chad McQuarrie 250-384-8060.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5:00 pm, Friday, August 23, 2019.
Only one completed nomination form for each position is required for each member nominated as bargaining committee chairperson.
However, if you are not the successful candidate for committee chairperson, there is no rundown for bargaining committee. You are encouraged to submit two nominations: one for the Bargaining Chairperson and one for the Bargaining Committee.
In the event a vote is required, the election of the Chairperson will be counted first and if the successful candidate also has been nominated for the position of Bargaining Committee Member, they will be dropped from the ballot should an election be required for the two Bargaining Committee Members and alternates.
Do you like this post?