Your union's executive for the North Island is coming to an office near you!! Its Administrative Services Month and we not only want to celebrate you, but answer any questions you may have about the Union, the Collective Agreement and talk to you about union initiatives and upcoming training.
One of the Local Executive will be coming to your office as close to your coffee breaks as possible, or at the end of the workday. Discussions are wide open though there will be specific discussion on the following:
- For those of you in SDSI offices a survey will be coming shortly, so there will be discussion on that—Remember to fill it out! As well more info for you on the EITR-- Employee Initiated Transfer Request.
- For those of you in Service BC, the Executive will speak to you and get feedback from you, on the Memoranda of Understanding on "Regular Part Time As and When". Your feedback is important to us.
Other issues include remote supervisors, and upcoming union events and education for the North Island. Most important is your feedback and your questions.
Please see the following dates and locations for the visits:
- SDSI/MCFD, Service BC in Campbell River: April 27th
- SDSI/MCFD, Service BC in Courtenay: April 28th
- SDSI/MCFD, Service BC, Forestry in Port Hardy, Port McNeil: April 27th
- SDSI/MCFD, Service BC, Forestry in Powell River: April 27th, 28th
- SDSI/MCFD, Service BC in Port Alberni: May 3rd
- SDSI/MCFD, Service BC and PLMS worksites in Nanaimo: May 4th
In addition, for those of you in areas listed below, there will be evening meetings directly after work, which includes a pizza dinner, prizes and swag!!! Feel free to bring your partner and/or kids.
Locations: Campbell River – Union Hall, 4-430 14th Ave, April 27th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Courtenay – Courtenay Recreation Lewis Centre, 489 Old Island Hwy, April 28th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Port Alberni – Steelworkers Local 1-85, 4904 Montrose St, May 3rd from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Nanaimo – BCGEU Area Office, 106-1650 Terminal Ave N, May 4th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you to ensure you are supported and heard by your union.
Senior Staff Representative
Do you like this post?