Call for Nominations – amendments in yellow highlight and underlined (on the PDF copy at the bottom of the page)
Nominations are now open for the bargaining committee to negotiate a renewal collective agreement with your Employer. Your current collective agreement expires on March 31, 2022. Members elect a bargaining committee to work with the Union Staff Representative and other elected leaders to help ensure members' voices are heard and interests are protected and advanced through the bargaining process.
The bargaining committee will consist of three committee members and one Bargaining Committee Chair.
The bargaining committee must have representation from one Admin employee and three employees from other occupations such as Facilitator, Analyst, IT or work at PAC. The exact number of "Bargaining Committee Member" positions in each occupational group will depend on what occupation is elected in the Chair role.
If there are more than one nominee for the Chair or three nominees for the committee, then voting will occur.
A member who wishes to serve on the committee must complete and submit a nomination form for both Chair nomination & committee nomination. Note that the form requires the signatures of both the nominee and their nominator. If you wish to stand for election for both the Chair and committee member you must submit one nomination form for each candidacy.
Nominations close on Monday, November 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Nominations received after this time will not be considered.
Nominees may submit one page of biographical information, endorsements, or other campaign information (8 1⁄2 x 11 sheet, black and white, colour bios will be adjusted to black and white) for distribution with the ballot and publication on the BCGEU website. A candidate's bio may not contain false or misleading information. This must be received at the area office by 5pm the following business day after close of nominations and will be sent out as submitted.
Completed nomination forms and candidate information sheets may be returned to Angela Mahlmann by fax to 604‑294‑5092, and by email to [email protected].
Duties of Committee Members and Chair
All committee members are expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist the Staff Representative in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the Union regarding priorities
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
The bargaining committee chair is normally the main liaison between members, the bargaining committee and the staff negotiator, and is expected to participate fully as a committee member and to take a leadership role within the committee and bargaining unit during and following negotiations.
Leaves of absence are provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
Members are reminded that:
- The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, November 8, 2021 at 5:00 pm; and
- The deadline for nominees to submit a page of candidate information is Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Nominees may contact Staff Representative Brent Camilleri for additional information on candidate rights and responsibilities.
Staff Representative - Negotiations
Download PDF of notice here
Download Chairperson nomination form here
Download Bargaining Committee nomination form here
Do you like this post?