Nominations are open for three (3) Bargaining Committee members and one (1) alternate for the upcoming negotiations of The Native Courtworker and Counselling Association of BC. Should we receive four (4) or more nominations, a mail out ballot will commence and the top three (3) will comprise the committee, and the fourth (4th) shall be the alternate to the committee.
Nominations close on Monday, November 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Nominations received after this time will not be considered.
A member who wishes to serve on the committee must complete and submit a nomination form (attached). Note that the form requires the signatures of both the nominee and their nominator.
Nominees may submit one page of biographical information, endorsements or other campaign information (8½" x 11", black and white, single-sided) that will be distributed to members with ballots and posted on the BCGEU website if voting is required. The deadline for submitting candidate information is Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Candidate information sheets will be sent out as submitted (except that sheets submitted in colour will be distributed in black and white).
Completed nomination forms and candidate information sheets may be returned to Angela Mahlmann by mail to 4911 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 3W3, fax to 604‑294‑5092, or by email to Negotiations@bcgeu.ca.
Duties of Committee Members and Chair
All committee members are expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist the Staff Representative in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the Union regarding priorities
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
The bargaining committee chair is normally the main liaison between members, the bargaining committee and the staff negotiator, and is expected to participate fully as a committee member and to take a leadership role within the committee and bargaining unit during and following negotiations.
Leaves of absence are provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
Members are reminded that:
- The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, November 30, 2020 at 5:00pm; and
- The deadline for nominees to submit a page of candidate information is Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 5:00pm.
Nominees may contact Staff Representative Angela Mahlmann for additional information on candidate rights and responsibilities.
Staff Representative - Negotiations
Do you like this post?