Your bargaining committee met with Employer representatives on March 21 and 30, 2016. We are pleased to advise you that we have reached a tentative collective agreement. You will be provided with all of the details in the coming days, and we will be on-hand to answer any of your questions at a membership meeting on April 7th.
Highlights of the tentative agreement are as follows:
- A four-year term with the following wage increases: 55 cents across the board April 1, 2016 (an average of 2.7%); 2% on April 1, 2017 and April 1, 2018, and; 2.5% April 1, 2019.
- Three additional vacation days to a maximum of 28.
- Improvements to paramedical and Plan B dental yearly maximums.
- Improvements to vision care.
- Increase to group life insurance and AD&D from $35,000 to two times annual earnings to a maximum of $100,000.
- Increase to maximum weekly STIIP benefits from $500 to $600.
- Increase to sick days from five to six.
- A $100 annual shoe allowance.
- Improvements to language regarding work assignments and casual call-in procedures.
- Updated and improved arbitration language.
- Improved restrictions on excluded personnel performing bargaining unit work.
Ratification Meeting Thursday, April 7th, 2016, 2:00pm- 6:00pm in the Wellness Room
Voting starting April 7th at 2:00pm – ending April 11th at 3:00pm
YOUR COMMITTEE RECOMMENDS THAT MEMBERS VOTE YES TO RATIFY THIS COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
Jenny Ewing, Staff Representative
Lynda Willson, Staff Representative
Andrea Haftner, Bargaining Committee Member
Ron Hamilton, Bargaining Committee Member
Sam Cowles, Bargaining Committee Member
Do you like this post?
BCGEU Headquarters is on the unceded and shared traditional territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skxwú7mesh (Squamish) & Səlí̓ lwətaʔ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.