Nominations are now open for 3 positions for stewards at your worksite and, will close May 2, 2016.
Stewards are the primary representatives of members and have an important role within the Union.
Some of the roles of a steward are:
- Helping co-workers interpret and understand their collective agreement.
- Supporting co-workers in meetings with management.
- Listening to co-workers about their issues.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the union local and the BCGEU's area offices.
- Communicating about broader local issues and training opportunities within the union.
- Making sure all co-workers are in the loop by updating the union bulletin board.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Joint Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
Feel free to visit the Union's website for more information http://www.bcgeu.ca/stewards
To become a steward, you must fill out a nomination form and send it to the Union office.
Forms must be returned to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office via regular mail, fax, email, or in person by 5:00 pm on Monday May 2, 2016:
BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office
Suite #130-2920 Virtual Way
Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
Fax: 604.215.1410, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this post?