Nominations are now open until Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm for a bargaining committee chair and bargaining committee members.
The bargaining committee has three positions, as follows:
- One (1) bargaining committee chair
- Two (2) bargaining committee members
If there are more nominees than positions available, then voting will occur.
Those members who are interested in the bargaining committee chair position and in being a member of the bargaining committee should complete two nomination forms – one form for the bargaining committee chair position and one form for a bargaining committee member position.
Nomination forms for "Chair" and "Member" are attached. Each nominee for each position may submit one page of biographical information, endorsements, or other campaign information (8 ½" x 11" sheet, black and white, single sided) for distribution with ballots. This must be received no later than one business day after close of nominations and will be sent out as submitted.
Nominations must be received by fax to (604) 294-5092, by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to BCGEU Negotiations Department, Attn. Ryan Stewart, 4911 Canada Way, Burnaby BC V5G 3W3, no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, July 18, 2019.
Duties of the Chair
The chairperson is normally the main liaison between members, the bargaining committee and the staff negotiator, and is expected to participate fully as a committee member and to take a leadership role within the committee and bargaining unit during and following negotiations.
Duties of Committee Members
All Committee members are expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist the staff representative in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the union regarding priorities
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the staff representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the staff representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
Staff Representative - Negotiations
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Bargaining Committee Chair here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Bargaining Committee Member here.
Do you like this post?