The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Networker team had their initial meeting in January. The 21 BCGEU members appointed to the team are from all areas of the province. One of their first tasks is to contact BCGEU OHS committee representatives to let them know about upcoming training opportunities.
The Networkers are also busy calling OHS representatives in their areas to determine if they still sit on their committee, update contact information and determine if these representatives want to be reappointed for another three-year term which would start on December 1, 2016.
The OHS Networkers will be using this opportunity to listen to members’ concerns and point them towards additional resources. Please expect a call from the OHS Networkers as we prepare for the 2016 appointment and reappointment process.
Here is an overview of the Networkers’ role for this year:
1. Auditing OHS committees and assisting with the growth of these committees
2. Working with locals on OHS committee appointments
3. Scheduling OHS courses in consultation with BCGEU’s OHS Department and contacting members to increase participation
4. Analyzing information and networking to identify non-compliant employers and ensure there are OHS committees or worker representatives at these workplaces
5. Acting as a resource for OHS committees, components, locals and area offices.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-663-1674
Do you like this post?