The new 18th Main Public Service Agreement and Component Agreements are in effect as of April 1, 2019. BCGEU members who work in the B.C. public service ratified these agreements last year following five weeks of negotiations.
The agreements are for three years and expire on March 31, 2022. The main agreement features many improvements, such as:
- a two per cent general wage increase in each year of the agreement;
- improvements in benefits and the addition of dual coverage;
- addresses labour market pressures in specific occupations;
- expands bullying and harassment language;
- achieves special leave for members experiencing domestic violence.
We're finishing up the editing and other housekeeping on the agreements. While that's being done, you can read the draft version of the main agreement here.
Environmental, Technical and Operational Component: The draft version of the Component 20 agreement is available here
We will update you again when printing and distribution details are finalized.
-Your BCGEU public service bargaining committee
Do you like this post?