The ratification meeting and vote scheduled for February 23, 2016 was not convened due to a lack of availability of bargaining unit members; therefore, the bargaining committee has rescheduled for Friday, April 15, 2016. This is your opportunity to meet with the bargaining committee to review the tentative agreement and vote on the deal. Your bargaining committee is recommending acceptance of this tentative agreement.
The highlights of the new agreement include:
- A four year deal from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2019
- A 2.25% wage increase for 2016 & 2017
- A 2.5% wage increase for 2018 & 2019
- Improved language on Article 4 – Union Dues and Information
- Improved language on Article 6 – Time off for Union Business
- New language on Article 10.9 – Probation for Newly Hired Employees
- A number of housekeeping changes
A ratification meeting will be held on Friday, April 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm. Voting will take place after the meeting and will close at 5:30 pm. The results of the vote will be communicated the following week.
Meredith Greene, Bargaining Committee Member
Kim Howse, BCGEU Staff Representative
Do you like this post?