Your bargaining committee and the Employer have come to a tentative agreement. The highlights of the new agreement include:
- A four year deal from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2019
- A 2.25% wage increase for 2016 & 2017
- A 2.5% wage increase for 2018 & 2019
- Improved language on Article 4 – Union Dues and Information
- Improved language on Article 6 – Time off for Union Business
- New language on Article 10.9 – Probation for Newly Hired Employees
- A number of housekeeping changes
Your bargaining committee is recommending acceptance of this tentative agreement. A ratification meeting will be held on February 23 at approximately 3 pm. Voting will take place during the day and closes at 4 pm on February 23, 2016.
The bargaining committee thanks you for all your support through this process.
Meredith Greene, Bargaining Committee Member
Kim Howse, BCGEU Staff Representative
Do you like this post?