Nominations are now open for following position which is vacant on the Local 102 Executive:
- 1st Vice-Chairperson of Nanaimo Correctional Centre (NCC)
The role of the Vice-Chairperson as follows:
1st and 2nd vice-chairperson(s):
- assists the Local chairperson in performing the responsibilities outlined above;
- may be delegated to perform specific duties, like recruiting OSH committee members, or convening steward networking meeting or chairing Local committees;
- substitutes for the Local chairperson in his or her absence;
- if assigned responsibility for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) committees, should keep up to-date lists of OHS committee members, and with the staff rep assess training needs, and whether committees are meeting regularly;
- if assigned steward networking will work with staff rep to ensure meetings of stewards are regularly occurring, and plan training.
The nomination form is attached and must be filled out, signed by both the nominator and nominee and submitted by fax to the BCGEU North Island Area Office, 106-1650 Terminal Ave N., Nanaimo, BC V9S 0A2. Fax: 250-740-0070, Toll Free Fax: 1-800-946-0247 by the deadline. The deadline for nominations is midnight Thursday, February 25, 2016.
If an election is required, all candidates may submit one page (8½" by 11") biography (e.g. union experience and why you would be a good candidate) for copying and distribution to members with ballots. This must be provided to the Area Office within one business day of the close of nominations midnight, Friday, February 26, 2016.
Do you like this post?