Nominations are now open for Recording Secretary position which is vacant on the Local 1702 Executive:
The term is three years.
The role of the Recording Secretary is as follows:
- assists Local chairperson with responsibilities outlined above
- with the chair, sets meeting dates and develops agendas
- is responsible for all meeting notices and minutes
- Reports all correspondence at Local meetings; and maintains files
- receives written reports of committees
The nomination form is attached and must be filled out, signed by both the nominator and nominee and submitted by fax to the BCGEU North Island Area Office, 106-1650 Terminal Ave N, Nanaimo, BC V9S 0A2. Fax: 250-740-0070, Toll Free Fax: 1-800-946-0247 by the deadline. The deadline for nominations is 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 20, 2016 or brought to General Meeting.
If an election is required, all candidates may submit one page (8½" by 11") biography (e.g. union experience and why you would be a good candidate) for copying and distribution to members with ballots. This must be provided to the Area Office within one (1) business day of the close of nominations.
Do you like this post?