Nominations are now open for following positions which are vacant on the Local 302 Executive:
- Recording Secretary
- Equity Member-at-Large
The term is three years.
The role of the Recording Secretary is as follows:
- assists Local chairperson with responsibilities outlined above with the chair, sets meeting dates and develops agendas
- is responsible for all meeting notices and minutes
- Reports all correspondence at Local meetings; and maintains files
- receives written reports of committees
The role of the Member-at-Large is as follows:
- assigned to tasks, committees and projects as required by chair;
- may represent specific groups of members within a Local and can bring their perspective to the local executive meetings.
One Member-At-Large positon is identified as an Equity Member-at-Large
To qualify for this position the candidate must self-identify in at least one of the following criteria;
- Aboriginal Worker
- Worker with a Disability
- Worker of Colour
- Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, or Transgender Worker
The nomination form is attached and must be filled out, signed by both the nominator and nominee and submitted by fax to the BCGEU North Island Area Office, 106-1650 Terminal Ave N, Nanaimo, BC V9S 0A2. Fax: 250-740-0070, Toll Free Fax: 1-800-946-0247 by the deadline. The deadline for nominations is 5:00 p.m. Thursday, March 31, 2016.
If an election is required, all candidates may submit one page (8½" by 11") biography (e.g. union experience and why you would be a good candidate) for copying and distribution to members with ballots. This must be provided to the Area Office within one business day of the close of nominations 5:00 pm Friday, April 1, 2016.
Do you like this post?