To: All Local 803 BCGEU Members at Lookout Emergency Aid - 1st Place, Tamura House, Powell Street Getaway, Al Mitchell Place
Re: Call for Nomination for 1 Steward at each of the above worksites
Nominations are now open for 1 position for a steward at your worksite and, will close at 5:00pm Friday, December 21, 2018
Stewards are the primary representatives of members and have an important role within the Union.
Some of the roles of a steward are:
- Helping co-workers interpret and understand their collective agreement.
- Supporting co-workers in meetings with management.
- Listening to co-workers about their issues.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the union local and the BCGEU's area offices.
- Communicating about broader local issues and training opportunities within the union.
- Making sure all co-workers are in the loop by updating the union bulletin board.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Joint Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
Feel free to visit the Union's website for more information (www.bcgeu.ca/stewards)
Forms must be returned to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office via regular mail, fax, email, or in person by 5:00 pm on Friday, December 21, 2018:
BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office, Suite #130-2920 Virtual Way,Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
Fax: 604.215.1410, email: email@example.com
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form for 1st Place here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Tamura House here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Powell Street Getaway here
Download PDF of nomination form for Al Mitchell Place here.
Do you like this post?