*** PLEASE POST ON UNION BOARD ***
Nominations are now open for steward positions at Raincity, Operations and will close on Friday, September 1, 2023.
Stewards are the primary representatives of members and have an important role within the Union.
Some of the roles of a steward are:
- Helping co-workers interpret and understand their collective agreement.
- Supporting co-workers in meetings with management.
- Listening to co-workers about their issues.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the union local and the BCGEU's area offices.
- Communicating about broader local issues and training opportunities within the union.
- Making sure all co-workers are in the loop by updating the union bulletin board.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Joint Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
- Ensure new employees sign union membership cards and provide information on BCGEU services.
Feel free to visit the union's website for more information at https://www.bcgeu.ca/other_resources. The Union provides training for stewards to learn their new role.
If you are interested in becoming a steward or know someone who is, please fill out the attached nomination form and return it to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office via regular mail, fax or email by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 1, 2023:
- BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office - #130 - 2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
- Fax: 604-215-1410 | Email: [email protected]
Download PDF of notice here
Do you like this post?