Nominations are now open for the following positions on the local executive:
- Recording Secretary
The deadline for nominations is: Thursday, July 4, 2019
Roles & Responsibilities
- assists the local chairperson with responsibilities outlined above;
- in consultation with other local officers prepares an annual budget, project budgets and submits to the component treasurer;
- ensures the local adheres to BCGEU financial policies;
- monitors expenditures and reports on local or component finances as required;
- ensures expenditures like donations, good and welfare payments are "minuted" in local meetings.
- assists local chairperson with responsibilities outlined above;
- with the chair, sets meeting dates and develops agendas;
- is responsible for all meeting notices and minutes;
- reports all correspondence at local meetings; and maintains files;
- receives written reports of committees.
The nomination form is attached and must be filled out, signed by both the nominator and nominee and submitted by fax to the BCGEU North Island Area Office, 106-1650 Terminal Ave N., Nanaimo, BC V9S 0A2. Fax: 250-740-0070, Toll Free Fax: 1-800-946-0247 by the deadline or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please contact the area office.
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Recording Secretary here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Treasurer here.
Do you like this post?