Nominations have been extended by two weeks for the two positions of Bargaining Committee Member for the upcoming bargaining at Cavell Gardens. No previous experience in negotiations is required to be on the Bargaining Committee, but you must have a signed membership application card on file with the Union in order to run or vote in an election. As a Bargaining Committee Member you will be expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer’s proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Sean Antrim at 604.215.1410
The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 2, 2016.
Do you like this post?