Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office, Broadway Tech Centre, #130 – 2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver
You are invited to attend the above Component 3 OHS Networking Strategy Sessions for OHS Committee members.
The session will provide specific knowledge, tools, and skills to assist health and safety activists in:
- Holding union caucuses prior to joint OHS committee meetings for strategizing and preparation purposes;
- Addressing client violence in the workplace and understanding and utilizing OHS Regulation 3.12 - Refusal of Unsafe Work;
- Understanding and utilizing the 21 day letter process;
- Dealing with management in an assertive and respectful manner;
- Drafting effective committee recommendations.
Union leave will be provided to attend the OHS strategy session along with other reasonable costs to attend.
Please contact Lisa Luthje as soon as possible to register for the above noted course at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-215-1499.
Occupational Health & Safety
Local 303 Chair
Do you like this post?