Your bargaining committee met with the Employer to negotiate a renewal collective agreement, and the parties reached a tentative agreement on February 12, 2016.
We are recommending that you vote yes to accept this agreement. Attached is the Ratification Document with details of the proposed changes to the collective agreement.
Details for the ratification vote will be coming next week.
Highlights of the tentative agreement include:
- Two year term, ending December 31, 2017
- 1% general wage increase, retroactive to January 10, 2016
- 1.5% general wage increase, effective January 8, 2017
- Improvements to posting language, layoff language, special leave and meal allowances
- Health Spending Account of $300 in each year
- Increase to boot allowance from $120 to $240 every 24 months
- Increase to pay in lieu of health and welfare benefits for auxiliary employees
- Signing bonus of $300 at date of ratification
The bargaining committee had originally been asked by the Employer to only look at wages in this round of bargaining. Based on the overwhelming response to the bargaining surveys, your bargaining committee put together a proposal package that was reflective of what you told us. As with all negotiations, we were not able to achieve everything that we wanted to, but we feel that this is a reasonable tentative agreement.
We are supporting a vote of yes to ratify this tentative agreement.
Your bargaining committee:
Tony Andrychuk, Chair
Barry Kolodychuk, Member
Kurt Vinge, Member
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Do you like this post?