This page contains details on how to vote in an election for union officers.
The BCGEU is using the Scytl online voting system to bring your union election ballot to you. Your union Provincial Executive chose Scytl because of its security-first approach to developing voting software.
Before you cast your electronic vote, you'll need to:
Retrieve the email from "[email protected]" that we sent you with the subject line/title "BCGEU Credential Delivery" containing your member ID and instructions on how to retrieve your PIN and cast your vote. This email is called the credentials email.
Didn't receive the email? Try the following:
- Check your auto-sort, junk and spam folders for the email, or you can also type " [email protected] " into your email search bar to search for the email directly. How?
- Adding " [email protected] " as an email contact will decrease the likelihood of our emails being identified by your email client as junk or spam. How?
Help! I still cannot find my email.
Please contact your local area office as soon as possible to make sure you get your email with instructions to vote on time.
The email from "[email protected]" contains the following key pieces of information:
The local election you're voting in.
Date and time election closes. No votes may be cast after this date and time.
Your member ID. You will need this to retrieve your PIN and access your ballot.
The One Time Link will take you to the page to retrieve your PIN. You can only access this link once. Make sure you record all the information it provides you for future reference by writing it down or taking a screenshot.
The link to the page where you can access your ballot.
Use the contact listed at the bottom of the email if you have any questions.
How to cast your vote:
The link in the email mentioned above can only be accessed one time
Make sure you are ready to vote before you click on the first link in the email (to retrieve your PIN) as you can only access this link once.
- In the email mentioned above...
- Copy down your Member ID
- Click on the first link in the same email.
- Enter your Member ID (including dashes) and click "Obtain Credentials". Your PIN will be shown to you, please copy your PIN now.
Help, I did not copy down my PIN!
If you did not copy your PIN down...
Please contact your area office to send you another One Time Link to retrieve a new PIN.
- Click "Exit". Return to the email and click the second link to go to the ballot login page.
- Enter your Member ID and PIN, and click "Login" to view the ballot.
- Follow the instructions to vote. Once you're at the end of the ballot, review your selections and click "Confirm" to cast your vote. Please make a note of the confirmation number on the next page.
Thank you for casting your vote. Your voice makes our union strong.