Vacation pay under the Collective Agreement is earned like this:
- Starting every year on July 1st until June 30th of the following year, all your vacation pay is banked so you can take paid vacation in the following year
- You are now earning vacation pay from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 for your 2020 vacation
- If you have any vacation pay left in your "taking" bank right now, this is for your 2019 vacation
- The vacation pay in your "accruing" bank is for your 2020 vacation
When you transfer from Bayshore to the Health Authority:
- Bayshore will pay to you ALL of your vacation pay earned but not taken up to your last day with Bayshore (both taking and accruing banks). They will advise you which paydate your taking bank and accruing bank will be paid to you.
- This is any vacation pay you have left for vacation in 2019 AND vacation pay you have started earning in your bank for your 2020 vacation
- Then, on your first day with the Health Authority you will continue to earn vacation pay into your bank for your 2020 vacation
What does this mean:
If you have vacation scheduled and left to take before the end of this year and want to take it after you've transferred to the Health Authority, you will need to keep aside the vacation pay (taking bank) you receive from Bayshore to cover this vacation time. Also, you will want to save the vacation you have earned (accruing bank) from July 1, 2019 to the date of your transfer to cover some of your vacation time for 2020. The rest of your 2020 vacation pay will be accrued with the Health Authority.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact your Stewards for assistance.
Download PDF of notice here.
Do you like this post?