We are happy to announce that we reached a tentative settlement on your first collective agreement!
Through the course of bargaining, we achieved three main goals:
- Inclusion of Toronto Staff in the bargaining unit;
- Language around layoff and bumping; and
- Transparency regarding wages.
We managed to achieve all of those goals, and wage increases that we think you will be satisfied with.
- Inclusion of Toronto staff in the bargaining unit;
- Language on union recognition and rights
- Layoff and bumping language
- Increase to vacation entitlement for regular employees:
- after 5 years of service members will receive 15 working days of vacation; and
- after 10 years of service members will receive 20 working days of vacation
- Increase to paid sick days from 7 to 10
- Language on maternity, parental, adoption leave that maintains employer-paid health and welfare benefits for the first 9 months of leave, and co-pay for the remainder of the leave
- 100% Employer-paid MSP for staff in BC
- 11% pay in lieu of benefits and vacation for contract employees
- Wages and Term
- Term of agreement February 15, 2016, ending December 31, 2020
- Wage increases equal to just over 9% for all classifications starting date of ratification
- Front-end loaded wage increases to all existing regular employees at date of ratification that is an average of 12%
- A signing bonus of $1000 to all regular employees
- General wage increase of 1%, effective January 1, 2019
- General wage increase of 1%, effective January 1, 2020
We will confirm a date to have our ratification meeting, where we will provide you with a copy of the tentative agreement and go through all of the provisions. Once we have had a chance to answer your questions, we will provide you with an opportunity to vote on whether to accept or reject the tentative agreement.
We recommend that you vote yes to accept.
Your bargaining committee:
Selena Kongpreecha, Staff Representative – Negotiations
Do you like this post?