Nominations are now open for one (1) position for a steward at your worksite and will close Thursday, February 2, 2017.
Stewards are the primary representatives of members and have an important role within the Union.
All stewards are provided three (3) days paid training at the Union hall and receive support from their staff representative to fulfill their duties.
Some of the roles of a steward are:
- Helping co-workers interpret and understand their collective agreement.
- Supporting co-workers in meetings with management and listening to co-workers about their issues.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the union local and the BCGEU's area offices.
- Communicating about broader local issues and training opportunities within the union.
- Making sure all co-workers are in the loop by updating the union bulletin board.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Joint Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
Feel free to visit the Union's website for more information ( www.bcgeu.ca/stewards )
Forms must be returned to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office via regular mail, fax, email, or in person by 5:00 pm on Thursday, February 2, 2017.
BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office
Suite #130-2920 Virtual Way
Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4
Do you like this post?