Your bargaining committee is pleased to advise that a tentative agreement was reached for the renewal of your collective agreement.
Highlights of changes:
• 3-year term with wage increases annually of 2%; 2.5%; 2.75%
• Improvement of severance pay maximum from 12 weeks to 20 weeks
• Statutory holidays based on 7 hours (instead of 6.5)
• Supplemental leave additional 5 days at 25 years
• Improvement of employer contribution for RRSP Pension Plan from 6.5% to 7%
• Improved language for maternal/parental leave
• Improvement of shift differential for Hornby Island from 2% to 3%
• Clarification of casual call-in procedure
• Improvement of Occupational Health and Safety language
• Elimination of higher premium for employee benefit contribution for employees hired after February 1, 2006. All employees will now pay 12% of premium.
• Inclusion of new expedited arbitration language
• Several housekeeping changes
A full explanation of the changes contained in this tentative agreement will be given as follows:
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: Boardroom, Union Bay Credit Union
Call-in information for Hornby Island members. Dial: 1-888-433-2192, Participant ID: 7504728#
Jennifer Keenan, Bargaining Committee Chairperson
Kathy Warriner, Bargaining Committee Member
Dan Rowe, Staff Representative
Do you like this post?