As members will know, your current collective agreement expired on March 31, 2018. As a result, your Union Bargaining Committee entered into bargaining with the Employer in order to achieve a renewed agreement.
Your Committee is pleased to advised that we have been successful in achieving a fair and equitable tentative agreement.
Highlights of the tentative agreement are as follows:
• Term of contract – three years
• General wage increases in each year as follows:
- April 1, 2018: 60¢ per hour for all employees – in percentage terms 3.5% - 4.1% (retroactive to expiry date);
- April 1, 2019: 2%
- April 1, 2020: 2.25%
• Improvement to working overtime on a day of rest from 1.5X to 2X, if less than 24 hours' notice of overtime given
• New Weekend Shift Premium of 50¢ per hour for all hours worked on a Saturday or Sunday
• Increased Meal Allowance rates for overtime
• Streamlined timetable for Job Postings and Abandonment of Position provisions to more appropriately reflect workplace
• Updated Maternity and Parental Leave language to bring collective agreement in line with federal and provincial statute.
The Union membership will now vote on this tentative agreement.
The details of this ratification vote are as follows:
Date: Friday, July 6, 2018
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Place: SANRO Warehouse, 765 Vanalman Ave
Your Committee unanimously and fully endorses this renewed collect agreement and encourages members to vote yes. The Committee will be on hand, during the above noted hours, to answer any questions regarding this new collective agreement that members may have.
Your BCGEU Bargaining Committee
Dan Rowe, Staff Representative, BCGEU
Do you like this post?