A Health Science Professionals Sectoral Council was created by the BCGEU back in 2019, to address the specific concerns of the more than 3,000 Health Science Professionals working in BC Health Authorities.
We are seeking one delegate each from Locals 402 and 403 who is interested in being part of this Council for a three-year term (2022-2024). Some of the duties of the delegates to this Council will include:
- Attend Meetings - the Council will meet at headquarters at least once a year, and through conference calls, as needed.
- Receive reports from staff assigned on negotiations and labour management issues concerning the sector and will make recommendations to the President's office on appointment of labour management representatives where appropriate.
- Discuss key issues concerning the sector, including strategy on negotiations, labour management, and organizing.
- The Council will raise issues arising from the Health Services Professionals Bargaining Association (HSPBA) Collective Agreement to the Health Services component.
- The Council will work with the Health Services Component to represent the issues/interests of the Health Science Professionals.
The Union will provide leave to attend meetings, make arrangements for necessary travel and accommodations, as well as cover meals and child care.
Nominations can be submitted by email to: [email protected].
Nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday May 26th.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact: Mahen Ramdharry, Component 4 Vice President at [email protected]
Staff Representative, Negotiations
Download a PDF of this notice here
Do you like this post?
BCGEU Headquarters is on the unceded and shared traditional territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skxwú7mesh (Squamish) & Səlí̓ lwətaʔ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.