The BCGEU has reached a tentative agreement with McGregor Childcare centre, which needs to be voted on for ratification by the members.
Highlights of the tentative agreement include:
- wage increases of 2% each year over 3 years, for a total of 6%
- an increase 0.5% of Employer RRSP matching
- a 10-day increase to the maximum sick-leave bank
- pay by bi-weekly direct deposit instead of bi-monthly cheques
- enhanced staff coverage when there is a management vacancy
- a decrease in the hours required for auxiliaries to receive their full wage
An information session and ratification vote will take place at VCC on Wednesday, April 27th, 2016, from 5:30pm-7:00pm.
At the meeting, the staff representative and bargaining committee chair will go over the proposed agreement, and answer questions about the agreement and the bargaining process.
After this process, members will have the opportunity to vote on whether or not to accept the agreement. All BCGEU members are strongly encouraged to attend.
WHERE: Room 1212, Building B McGregor Childcare
WHEN: Wednesday, April 27th, 2016
TIME: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Do you like this post?