Nominations are now open for the positions of 2 Bargaining Committee Members for the upcoming bargaining at Cavell Gardens. No previous experience in negotiations is required to be the on the Bargaining Committee, but you must have a signed membership application card on file with the union in order to run or vote in an election. As a Bargaining Committee Member you will be expected to:
• Liaise between the bargaining committee and Staff Representative on issues leading up to bargaining
• Attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
• Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
• Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
• Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
• Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
• Participate in discussions related to the Employer’s proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
• Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Please complete the attached nomination form and return it by fax to:
Sean Antrim at 604.215.1410
The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Only one completed nomination form for the position of Bargaining Committee Member is required for each member nominated.
Do you like this post?