Nominations are now open for 2 positions for stewards at your worksite and will close at 5 p.m. on Monday, October 7, 2019.
The steward is the face of the union at your worksite.
Some of the roles of the steward are:
- To enforce the collective agreement and protect your rights.
- Act as liaison between the worksite, the local and the area offices.
- Sign up new members to the union at the worksite.
- Help you interpret and understand their collective agreement rights.
- Communicate about local and union issues and educational opportunities.
- Ensures the union bulletin board is current.
Training will be provided by the Union.
A nomination form is attached. Once completed, please return to the BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office no later than 5 p.m. on October 7, 2019 to the attention of Kim Howse, Staff Representative, by faxing the form to 604-215-1410 or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should there be more nominations than positions available, stewards at the worksite will facilitate an election.
Do you like this post?