Your Bargaining Committee is pleased to report that we have reached a tentative agreement. Highlights of the tentative agreement include:
• Three year term, with annual increases:
o Effective January 1, 2018 - 3%;
o Effective January 1, 2019 - 2.5%; and
o Effective January 1, 2020 - 3%
• Retroactive to January 1, 2018
• Changes to include new classifications on the wage grid, such as Seeder Operator and Cold Storage, and moving all FNWs5 into FNWs4
• Progression through the FNW series by cumulative hours, which have been reduced and are no longer tied to a calendar year
• Easier access and retention of health & welfare benefits, with Employer-paid premiums during layoff periods of up to 90-days
• Resolution to a number of local issues and outstanding grievances including: scheduling shifts, designation of lead hands/foremen and repair & maintenance and the progression through FNW series
• PRT is now a BCGEU Union shop, where members have a right to join a union and all work at the nursery is considered bargaining unit work, unless excluded by mutual agreement
Full details of the deal will be provided within the next few days, along with a schedule of ratification vote meetings. Your Bargaining Committee is recommending acceptance of this renewal agreement and you are encouraged to attend the meetings and vote to support the deal.
We want to thank all the members for your strong support during this process. Without you, we could not have achieved these successful outcomes.
Jan Brewer, Bargaining Committee Chair
Darrell Strom, Bargaining Committee Member
Marcel Ouellet, Bargaining Committee Member
Nora Wallach, Bargaining Committee Member
Linsay Buss, Staff Representative, Negotiations
Download PRT Got a Deal 18April13(2).pdf
Do you like this post?