Your Bargaining Committee is pleased to report that we have reached a tentative agreement. Highlights include:
• Four year term, with wage increases:
o Effective September 1, 2018 – 1.5%*;
o Effective September 1, 2019 – 2%;
o Effective September 1, 2020 – 1.25%;
o Effective March 1, 2021 – 1.25%; and
o Effective September 1, 2021 – 2.75%
• *Retroactive to September 1, 2018
• Sick leave days increased from 80% to 100% wage loss benefits
• Improvements to the Health and Welfare benefit package, including:
o Eligibility for benefits at 20 hours or more per week
o Eye exams every 24 months to max. $80
o Dental Plan – addition of 50% of Orthodontia (Plan C) with lifetime max. of $2500
• Overtime for Casual employees that work on Christmas day
• Nurse in Charge allowance increased from $1.00 to $3.00 an hour
Additionally, we signed a letter of agreement to resolve and reimburse all employees any money owing as a result of an inaccurate claims assessment, by the carrier, retroactive to August 31, 2014.
Full details of the deal will be provided within the next few days, along with the date and times of the ratification vote. Your Bargaining Committee is recommending acceptance of this renewal agreement and we encourage you to vote to support the deal.
We want to thank all the members for your strong support during this process. Without you, we could not have achieved this successful outcome.
Ashley Oesch – Bargaining Committee Chair
Pamela Conroy – Bargaining Committee Member
Tina Vallier – Bargaining Committee Member
Linsay Buss – Staff Representative, Negotiations
Do you like this post?