The BCGEU has decided to create a Health Science Professionals Sectoral Council to address the specific concerns of the 2,200 Health Science Professionals working in BC Health Authorities.
We are seeking one delegate from each local who is interested in being part of this Council. As this is a new Council, the terms of reference will need to be developed by the Council once it's formed.
Duties of Delegates will include:
- Attend Meetings - the council will meet at least once a year and through conference calls, as needed;
- Receive reports from staff assigned on negotiations and labour management issues concerning the sector and will make recommendations to the President's office on appointment of labour management representatives where appropriate;
- Discuss key issues concerning the sector, including strategy on negotiations, labour management, and organizing.
- The Council will raise issues arising from the Health Services Professionals Bargaining Association (HSPBA) Collective Agreement to the Health Services component.
- The council will work with the Health Services Component to represent the issues/interests of the Health Science Professionals.
Members who are nominated to be a delegate must be available to attend the inaugural meeting on November 5 & 6, 2019. At this meeting a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Recording Secretary will be elected by the delegates from among the delegates.
The Health Science Professionals Council Chairperson will sit as a member of the Health Services component and attend in person meetings four times a year.
The Union will provide leave to attend the conference, make arrangements for necessary travel and accommodations, as well as cover meals and child care.
Nominations can be submitted by fax: 604-294-5092, toll free fax: 1-800-663-1674 or by email at: HSP.SectoralCouncil@bcgeu.ca.
Deadline to submit nominations by fax or email no later than 5 p.m. on September 16, 2019.
If we have more than one delegate nominated from your local, we will hold elections. Elections, if needed, will be conducted by e-voting.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact: Cina Opel, Health Services Component First Vice Chairperson, Cina.Opel@bcgeu.ca
Download PDF of nomination form here
Do you like this post?