If receiving the Membership application from a Steward:
- You will receive an email from BCGEU Card Services via DocuSign titled “Please DocuSign: BCGEU Membership Application" at the email address you gave to your steward or area office.
- Open the email and click on “REVIEW DOCUMENT”.
- This opens a web browser window. Click “I agree to use electronic records and signatures.” and “CONTINUE”.
If receiving a static link to the Membership application directly:
- Click on the link to the BCGEU membership application. This will launch a webpage that looks like this:
- Enter your name and email then click “BEGIN SIGNING”.
- You will be directed to the form. Click “CONTINUE” to begin filling out the fields.
- Type in your data in all the fields. Mandatory fields are outlined in red. Pleasure ensure you put the name of your steward if you know it and indicate if you have received your union orientation or not. Click “Sign” towards the bottom of the application form.
- Draw your signature and click “ADOPT AND SIGN. A drawn signature is a requirement of the Labour Relations Board.
- Remember to click “FINISH” at either the top right or bottom center of the webpage to complete your membership application after you have finished signing. The completed form will then automatically be submitted to the BCGEU’s membership records department for processing and a copy emailed to you for your records.
BCGEU Headquarters is on the unceded and shared traditional territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skxwú7mesh (Squamish) & Səlí̓ lwətaʔ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.