Nominations are now open for the following positions on the local executive:
- Second Vice-Chairperson 1 position
- Member-at-Large 1 position
The successful candidates will serve for the remainder of the current term. Information on the responsibilities and activities of each office is available from your area office.
The deadline for nominations is: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 by 4:00pm
Local officers are expected to attend all meetings, and work together to administer the local. The following provides an example of some of the responsibilities of the Second Vice-Chairperson and Member-At-Large.
- It shall be the duty of the 2nd vice chairperson in the absence of the chairperson and 1st vice chairperson to assume the chair and discharge the duties of the chair according to the bylaws;
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the chairperson or the bylaws.
- assigned to tasks, committees and projects as required by chair;
- may represent specific groups of members within a local and can bring their perspective to the local executive meetings.
If there is an election for a position, candidates may submit one page of information (8-1/2 x 11, black and white) for distribution to members with ballots. This must be received at the area office within one business day of the close of nominations, no later than November 6, 2019 at 4:00pm.
Candidates should contact the area office for additional information on their rights and responsibilities.
Paula Dribnenki, BCGEU Staff Representative
Matt Damario – Local 1203 Chairperson
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Second Vice-Chairperson here.
Download PDF of nomination form for Member-at-Large here.
Do you like this post?