To: All BCGEU Members at Well Being Services Peace Portal Lodge
Re: Bargaining Update – Bulletin #1: Notice of Election of Bargaining Committee
Your current collective agreement expires on April 30, 2017 and the Union is beginning preparations to conduct negotiations for a renewal agreement. Therefore, a new bargaining committee must be elected to represent all BCGEU members of Well Being Services White Rock Seniors Village.
Nominations are now open, as follows:
- Chairperson of the Bargaining Committee, one position
If more than one candidate is nominated, there will be an election.
- Bargaining Committee member, two positions
If more than two candidates are nominated, there will be an election.
Members of the bargaining committee will be expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the Employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the Staff Representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the Staff Representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the Employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
Leaves of absence are provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
In order to be nominated, a member and nominator must complete the attached nomination form. A prepaid return envelope has been provided for your convenience. Completed nomination forms can also be returned by fax to Amrita Sanford at (604) 294-5092 or by email to [email protected].
If the Union receives more nomination forms than available positions, an election will be conducted. Each candidate who is nominated may complete and send back with their nomination form, a campaign bulletin or biography of 250 words or less, which the Union will distribute to the membership along with the ballots. Any other campaign material used by any candidate is their responsibility. Please note, that the biography must accompany the nomination form and the nomination forms must be signed. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
Please note that if you wish to run for the Chairperson, and also run as a committee member if not elected as Chairperson, you will need to submit a nomination form for both positions.
The deadline to submit nominations is: 5:00pm, Thursday December 22, 2016.
Staff Representative – Negotiations
Do you like this post?