There are vacancies for the following positions on the Local 1703 Executive:
- Recording Secretary
- Member-at-Large – Young Worker (29 years of age or younger)
The term is up to three years.
- assists Local chairperson with responsibilities
- with the chair, sets meeting dates and develops agendas
- is responsible for all meeting notices and minutes
- reports all correspondence at Local meetings and maintains files
- receives written reports of committees
Member-at-Large – Young Worker
- liaises with other young workers in the Local and brings their concerns/issues to the Local
- assists the Local executive in identifying and mentoring young workers who could be recruited as stewards, OSH committee members, or participants in campaigns
- identifies and promotes activities and education useful for young workers
The BCGEU Nomination Form (FA-80) (attached below) must be used. The form may be submitted to the Lower Mainland Area Office by fax, email, mail or handed in personally.
During the three year term, if a member in good standing submits a nomination for a vacant position, the Local Executive will be notified and nominations will remain open for a further three days. Where no nomination is received for an office, nominations will be considered to remain open.
If there is an election for a position, candidates may submit one page of information (8-1/2 x 11, black and white) for distribution to members with ballots. This must be received within one business day of the close of nominations.
Do you like this post?