Your collective agreement expires on December 31, 2019 and the union is beginning preparations to conduct negotiations for a renewal agreement on your behalf. Therefore, a new bargaining committee must be elected to represent all BCGEU members of Slizek Investments Inc. (dba AdvoCare Health Services). The chairperson must be elected by membership vote and the remaining seats on the committee will be elected once that has happened. Per Clause 2.10 Time Off for Union Business, only one person from each worksite may be elected to the bargaining committee.
Nominations for the position of Bargaining Committee Chairperson are now open.
No previous experience in negotiations is required to be a member of the bargaining committee. As the chairperson you will normally be the main liaison between your members, the bargaining committee and the staff negotiator, and be expected to:
- Attend caucus meetings and assist the staff representative in the development of proposals for collective bargaining
- Liaise between members at the worksite and the union regarding priorities
- Assist in gathering and distributing information from and to members at the worksite
- Attend collective bargaining sessions with the employer
- Take notes related to the bargaining process and provide copies of same to the staff representative at the conclusion of bargaining
- Provide feedback and information to the staff representative during the bargaining process
- Participate in discussions related to the employer's proposals, and assist in developing counter proposals
- Assist with ratification or other votes or meetings that may be held related to bargaining
Leave of absence is provided to members to allow attendance at all meetings without loss of pay or benefits.
In the event there are more nominations received than positions available a vote will be held.
Please complete the attached nomination form and return it by email to:
Michelle McAuley at Michelle.McAuley@bcgeu.ca
The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 18, 2019.
(Only one nomination is required for each member nominated)
Michelle McAuley, staff representative - negotiations
Do you like this post?