To all Direct Government OHS Committee Members in the Lower Mainland
"Ergonomics" will be held on Tueday, February 16 and "Joint OHS Committee Course" will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb 23-24. These courses will be held at the BCGEU office at #130-2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
In the Ergonomics course you will learn:
- Requirements of the ergonomics regulation
- How to identify ergonomic hazards, to assess the risk factors of tasks and to recommend appropriate solutions
- Strategies for implementing an effective workplace ergonomics program
- How to conduct a workstation assessment
In the Joint OHS Committee Course you will learn:
- Worker OHS rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
- OHS legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
- Hazard identification and control measures
- How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
- Resources available to the committee
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at https://gww.gov.bc.ca/ to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
Do you like this post?