"2 Day Joint OHS Committee Training" will be held on Tuesday, March 14 and Wednesday, March 15, 2017. "Prevention of Workplace Violence" will be held on Thursday, March 16, 2017. These courses will be held at the Northern Grand Hotel, 9830 – 100 Ave, Fort. St. John from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
In the Joint OHS Committee Training course you will learn:
- Worker OHS rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
- OHS legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
- Hazard identification and control measures
- How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
- Resources available to the committee
In the Prevention of Workplace Violence you will learn:
- The legislative requirements for a violence prevention program
- The definition of workplace violence
- How to identify the hazards
- The factors that contribute to the increased risk of workplace violence
- The strategies for recommending corrective measures to eliminate or reduce the risk of violence
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at https://gww.gov.bc.ca/ to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
Do you like this post?