"2 Day Joint OHS Committee Training" will be held on Tuesday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 22, 2017. "Ergonomics" will be held on Thursday, March 23, 2017. These courses will be held at the Burnaby Head Office? 4911 Canada Way, Burnaby from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
In the Joint OHS Committee Training course you will learn:
- Worker OHS rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
- OHS legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
- Hazard identification and control measures
- How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
- Resources available to the committee
In the Ergonomics course you will learn:
- Requirements of the ergonomics regulation
- How to identify ergonomic hazards, to assess the risk factors of tasks and to recommend appropriate solutions
- Strategies for implementing an effective workplace ergonomics program
- How to conduct a workstation assessment
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at https://gww.gov.bc.ca/ to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
Do you like this post?