"Ergonomics" will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 and "Prevention of Workplace Violence" will be held on Thursday, March 2, 2017. These courses will be held at the Learning Centre, 716 Courtney Street, Victoria from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.]
In the Ergonomics course you will learn:
• Requirements of the ergonomics regulation
• How to identify ergonomic hazards, to assess the risk factors of tasks and to recommend appropriate solutions
• Strategies for implementing an effective workplace ergonomics program
• How to conduct a workstation assessment
In the Prevention of Workplace Violence you will learn:
• The legislative requirements for a violence prevention program
• The definition of workplace violence
• How to identify the hazards
• The factors that contribute to the increased risk of workplace violence
• The strategies for recommending corrective measures to eliminate or reduce the risk of violence
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at https://gww.gov.bc.ca/ to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
Do you like this post?